Puerto Rico (Hurricane Relief)- February 2018
- Feb 3 2018 - Feb 9 2018
- San Juan, PR
- MOVEMENT MISSIONS
Join Movement as we head out to Puerto Rico to come alongside families that have been impacted by Hurricane Maria. We will be partnering with North American Mission Board as we minister to families whose homes were damaged during Hurricane Irma. Far beyond the physical help you will extend to the homeowners, the spiritual and emotional support you offer to them is even more important. We know your volunteer experience will be rewarding and life-changing.
You will be serving in primitive conditions. Electricity and cellular service are extremely limited on the island. Drinking water is sufficient; however, you may need to bring a personal filtration device, and shower water is limited. Our response to this storm includes debris removal, roof tarping and mudouts. It will involve physical and manual labor.
Total cost of trip is $1000 which includes flight, ground transportation, housing, work supplies and meals. Movement Foundation will cover $500 for all employees so trip participant will only be responsible to pay $500.
Employees need to use PTO however, if this is your first mission trip you may be eligible for 2 days of PTO if you've been with the company for more than 6 months and are not on a PIP.
Trip Duration and Structure:
6-day week (Arrive: Saturday, Depart: Friday) Daily Schedule:
- 8 am Depart for site
- 12 pm Lunch on site (packed)
- 4:30 pm Depart Work-site
- 5:30 pm Dinner & clean-up
Types of Service/Tasks:
Volunteers will be providing help in the following areas:
- Helping families and churches in the process of rebuilding.
- Brush and debris removal
- Housing is secured
- Accommodations are gender-separated
- Beds are provided
- Bring a pillow and sleeping bag/sheets and blankets
- You will be sleeping in close proximity with other volunteers, most likely in open rooms.
- Meals consist of local foods (rice, beans, etc.) and will be provided for you.
- Due to the nature of the response and the difficulties faced on the field, we cannot accommodate special diets or allergies
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $1,000.00 due 2/2/2018
|Movement Missions Grant will be applied $500||$500.00||12/15/2017|
- All participants will be subject to a 10 year history criminal background check per North American Mission Board
- Helping families and churches in the process of rebuilding, Demolition, Brush and debris removal, Cleaning