Brazil- October 2019
- Oct 2 2019 - Oct 10 2019
- Recife, BR
- MOVEMENT MISSIONS
You have an opportunity to remind the people of Recife, Brazil, they are seen and extravagantly loved by God by taking part in a October Movement mission trip in partnership with South American Mission (SAM) and Recife Redemptive Ministry.
This trip is for you if:
- You love music, art, and culture
- You love soccer and playing with kids
- You enjoy trying new things and eating amazing food
- You enjoy beautiful coastal communities and history
- You’re willing to be flexible and roll your sleeves and work on building project, hang out with the teenagers at the music school, or sit and learn about someone’s story
- You want to grow in your faith while sharing God's love with others
What you’ll do:
You will partner with Recife Redemptive Ministry who is a beacon of light in a high poverty community. The ministry is highly relational and members focus on letting the people know they are valued by God, His people and the church. During your time in Brazil you may help with:
- Music School: You may spend an afternoon hanging out with teenagers and listen to them as they learn how to play musical instruments.
- Sports Ministry: You may get sweaty and run around with the kids and play soccer.
- Community Outreach Program: You may be apart of their women Bible studies, adult literacy programs, sewing class or teaching crafts as a means of generating income.
- Construction and repair projects: You may help stucco a wall or paint a building as their ministry site always has work projects that need to be done.
About Recife and the ministry:
Recife, Portuguese for "reef," is known for its beautiful coastal reef shoreline, cultural roots and deep historical background.
SAM missionaries Craig and Mary Delille walked through Frei Damião, a forgotten section of Dois Unidos, on the outskirts of Recife, 15 year ago and knew right away they were called to this area.
Initially they worked to provide adequate housing to replace the patch-work tin and tarp-covered homes in which many families were living. They soon learned that behind the thin veils of these homes were other desperate needs like food and literacy training. Most notably, there was the need to know that God’s love extends to all, especially to the seemingly forgotten.
Today, Recife Redemptive Ministries desires to respond to the needs they encounter in South America by demonstrating God’s heart for the poor in their local communities. Having been in the community so long they have a directly link to the needs of the community members and amazing relationships that allow them to do ministry more effectively.
The people of Brazil are full of life even in the midst of some desperate situations and love when their American friends take the time to come visit and encourage them. Consider bringing hope to the beautiful people of Brazil by going on this mission trip.
The cost is $3,200 per person, which covers all travel, lodging, meals and ministry expense. Employees will receive a $500 mission grant.
Stories Tell your story
|Movement employees missions grant applied once liability waiver is submitted||$500.00|
|50% of balance due to book flights||$1,200.00||7/15/2019|
|Remaining balance due||$1,200.00||9/22/2019|
|South American Mission Team Member Release Form||Please sign, scan and return to email@example.com.||Required|
|Movement Foundation Travel Release and Waiver of Liability||Please sign, scan and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.||Required|
- Must have passport for this trip
- Please check with your physician regarding recommended immunizations. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/brazil